Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Just a Thought

I sent this out as an email a couple of days ago to those I work with, but felt I would share it here as well.

It has been a tough couple of weeks for all of us and we have had a lot to deal with. If I were honest, I allowed a situation over the past couple of weeks to get under my skin, but the truth is there are always going to be things that frustrate us. Maybe by keeping the things that frustrate us as our main focus we are causing the issues to grow if only in our own hearts and minds. Anyway, a friend from Tasmania Liz Mason brought to my attention a TED Video Neil Pasricha: The 3 A's of Awesome. Really it has a great message and is worth watching!!!! I am not saying that I am going to (or we should) ignore situations or that we aren't going to get frustrated or upset. However, I feel the need to start making an effort to remember " The 3 A's of Awesome" and not camp out there.

So here are a few things that brought me joy over the last couple of weeks:

1. Last weekend, I went to Disney my friend Nikki and her 3 year old daughter Kaylee. It was so fun to see that place through a three year old's eyes. Kaylee is one of those expressive kids that everything is exciting for so even the bus ride to the park was thrilling and amazing.

2. Having dinner Tuesday night with my best friend's son Brinton and remembering me witnessing his birth nine years ago. Also, reflecting on what a blessing he, his parents and three brothers have been in my life. Still can't believe it has been nine years.

3. Our video conference with Tasmania Thursday and watching the kids enjoy learning with the Mason family, who had stayed up until 1:00am to talk with us. Liz and her daughters (Amy 16 and Hannah 18) invited us into their home, laughted with us and gave a face to that part of the world. I really want to visit there someday.

What are some of the small joys you have experienced???

No comments:

Post a Comment